Elizabeth Thacker Photography {the blog}

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Soooooo…

I GOT MY NEW CAMERA!!!!
Whew, just had to throw that out there. Im so excited to get it and start shooting with it. Okay, this sounds terrible, but I haven’t even got to really play with it yet. I had a senior session and shot with it, but I haven’t really got to play with HD video and my crazy ISO speeds.
With me getting my new camera, comes the overwhelming feeling and knowledge of how truly blessed and lucky I am to be able to even have this creative outlet. I love love LOVE taking pictures. And I truly love all my clients, and I am so honored to have them come into my life. I have had some really great times getting to know each and every one of them. It’s because of them that I can continue on doing what I really love and what makes me so joyful. Let me tell ya, there are no words to describe how I feel behind the lens. Peace. That’s all I can think of. I’m at peace with everything, and it is an amazing feeling. That’s not to say that there are the occasional butterflies when Im shooting a wedding and freaking out over how to get across the room full of people in about 4 seconds to get the shot I want. Weddings are a whole different ball game though, and they need a post all to themselves.

So, I didn’t want my clients to think that I’m holding their pictures for ransom and wanted to give you guys a heads up on what’s going on right now. Usually my turn around for getting your CDs to you is really quick, usually within 7 days of your shoot. But right now, wow. I’m so backed up on school and editing, it’s ridiculous! I’ll go do a shoot, then come home and do homework. I’ll upload the pictures from the session, then I get behind on my homework. I take some time to catch up on my homework, and I get behind on editing. Then I edit, then homework…you get the picture. It’s a vicious cycle really.
But school is almost over! YAY!!!!! And I’m seeing a light at the end of the tunnel! YAY!!! And I’m getting caught up on my homework! YAY!!! And I’m getting caught up on my editing! YAY!!! And I keep starting each sentence with a preposition! NOOOOOO!!! Haha

Wow, this has turned out to be a long post…

Okay, I am a list maker, and I need to make a list on here for upcoming blog posts.

-Summer plans
-Senior session info
-Overhaul of website & blog
-Music I love
-Weddings
-What I shoot with/and how I shoot (maybe even with a video)
-Session pictures
-Friend post - Shelbie & Cindy

I think that’s all I have for now. So on to the pictures!!!

it was sooooo windy!!!



Mer & and her friend

2 Comments:

Blogger Butterfly Chaser Photography said...

Very pretty! Her bouquet is just perfect for her skin tone! Love it.

April 15, 2009 at 1:21 PM

 
Anonymous Jennie Fritzzzzzz said...

yay! cause i really want mine soon:(

April 17, 2009 at 2:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home